What is CESQIP and when was it formed?
The idea of an Collaborative Endocrine Surgery Quality Improvement Program (CESQIP) was formed in September 2011, and quickly came together with the of the creation of an CESQIP Committee. CESQIP utilizes concepts of continuous quality improvement to improve outcomes and optimize costs. This is accomplished through patient-centered data collection, ongoing performance feedback to clinicians, and improvement based on analysis of collected data and collaborative learning.
Who leads CESQIP?
Core founding members include:
- William B Inabnet III
- Nancy Perrier
- Paul Gauger
- Julie Ann Sosa
- Miguel Herrera
The Endocrine Surgery Quality Foundation oversees the finances of CESQIP and global strategy. Data management and best practice implementation is managed by the AAES’s CESQIP Committee.
How much does it cost?
- Subscription Fee: $1000/one Surgeon, $2000/two surgeons, $2500/three or more surgeons
- Annual Administrative Fee: $200
- One time Legal DUA Fee $750 (if extensive negotiations are required, the legal cost may be higher)
- Payments can be made on line at: https://cesqip.org/sign-up/.
- Advance the quality of endocrine surgery by improving outcomes and decreasing costs.
- Enable transition to shared accountability care/payment models.
- Helps hospitals meet meaningful use and otherregulatory/accreditation requirements such as PQRS and MOC Part IV.
- Peer and institutional comparison review to improve the quality and safety of care.
- Enable mitigation of clinical and cost variations.
- Provides best practices, decision support and care pathways to enhance patient care and safety.
- Improve surgical care decision making, increase throughput and deliver quick ROI.
- Provide a platform for research collaboration
How is CESQIP different?
- Data captured is more relevant to the practice of endocrine sugery.
- Specific endpoints about indications, comorbidities and outcomes for thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal and neuroendocrine pancreas case.
- Real-time access to dashboard reporting, drill down and data export capabilities.
Data collection & integration?
- Because the CESQIP registry will be collecting many variables not typically captured by EMRs, sites use the web-based interface for entering data manually.
- CESQIP can make each site’s entire dataset available for separate analysis.
The clinician views the data via a variety of dashboard reports, which are updated in real-time. These reports / data can also be exported to external systems or downloaded directly to an Excel document
How do you measure performance?
The CESQIP solution is configured to analyze and report on key metrics for a particular specialty procedure. Examples of metrics are as follows: complications; outcomes; resource utilization; and adherence to guidelines.
This empowers process improvement by:
- Providing rigorous, timely feedback to clinicians about comparative performance.
- Identifying and implementing best practices.
- View both benchmarking to peer institutions, and
- drill down at the local level to individual patient data.
Who uses the software?
The software is used by a number of individuals:
• Care Coordinators
• Professional Society Members
Who is ArborMetrix?
- ArborMetrix is CESQIP’s strategic technology partner for the quality collaborative registry and reporting system.
- ArborMetrix, Inc., based in Ann Arbor, Mich., is a healthcare analytics and software firm specializing in quality measurement, cost-efficiency and performance improvement for surgical and other acute hospital and specialty-based care. The company focuses on developing rigorous data analysis and actionable business intelligence solutions that raise the bar on quality, performance, utilization and cost-efficiency for hospitals, health systems, specialty societies, quality
- collaboratives and health plans. ArborMetrix’s unique, cloud-based technology evolved from groundbreaking research by the company founders on improving the quality of surgical care and econometric performance measurement.
- For more information see www.arbormetrix.com